Ways to Connect – Special Events and things to take note of...
- Ash Wednesday Service - Wednesday, March 5th @ 7 AM at the Downtown Dance Collective [121 W. Main St.]. This is a great way to kick off the season of Lent on your way to work. The service is short, somber, and intimate. Please join us!
- A Year with C.S. Lewis - meeting this week, Friday the 7th @ 6 PM at Jesse's [4840 Monticello Place]. You need to have read all of Out of the Silent Planet for this week's discussion.
- Daylight Savings - Don't forget to set your clocks ahead 1 hour on Saturday night!
- Sabbath Week - Every month we take a little break from the regular schedule of groups to enjoy some much needed rest and to be reminded that the church is fundamentally a community (not a schedule of programs!). Take this week to hang out more informally or invite someone over to dinner!
- All Souls 101 - Will be kicking off on Thursdays beginning March 13th @ 6 PM. It's a group geared towards prospective members or those interested in finding out what makes this particular community of faith tick. This is also a chance to get to know some of the faces you've been seeing around.
- Imagine Missoula - A grassroots non-profit that All Souls helped start to meet real needs within the city. We're always looking for volunteers to do things for those whose community is thin (single moms, elderly, etc.). Contact Nina (546-4697) to get involved!
- Need of the Week – Consider adopting a neighbor to shovel for this winter - here's a few neighbors in need of help:
- Corner of Marshall & Franklin - a nice young man with a back disability - cannot shovel, but has offered to help IM pull cars out with his truck and be involved in other ways.
- 700 block of Longstaff - she cannot shovel because of health conditions.
- 500 block of Edith Street - she is very unsteady and cannot get to the shed to get her shovel or move her car.
- 400 and 430 Spruce - she used to shovel for her neighbor in a wheelchair but has her own neck injury now.
Sunday Worship – Sundays @ 10 AM in the MCT [map] Community Room (3rd Floor - Please use entrance on Broadway and Adams). Whether you're a follower of Christ or someone who is skeptical, this is a great chance to experience Christian worship and wrestle with the claims of Jesus. Kid friendly, biblical, with a casual yet reverent atmosphere. This spring we’ll be studying the book of Hebrews looking at “the Supremacy of Christ: An Overview of the Old Testament.” Come learn how Jesus is the fulfillment of the Old Testament Scriptures!
Gathering Points - One of our core values is community and the only way most of us can get out of our busyness and make room to embody this value is by intentionally finding ways to gather with others. Sometimes these gathering points are formal (like a small group) and other times they are more informal (coffee, hikes, lunches). Here are some of the gathering points where you can connect this week...
- Small Groups - One of the best ways to connect deeper at All Souls. These are smaller (more formal and regular) groups of 8-12 people who share a meal, discuss Scripture, and pray. These are a great way to connect to God by living life in community with others. It's Sabbath Week, but there are still a few groups meeting:
- Social Gatherings - these are more informal ways to connect socially with others to build relationships!
- Men's Coffee Hour – A great way for men to start your day with other men - Fridays from 6–8 AM at Jon Lewis' [1400 Burns St. #8]
- Fiesta Fridays – Kick off the weekend with friends and drinks! Bring something Mexican to share and your favorite beverage, or a couple of bucks to tip your bartender! Fridays @ 6 PM at the Sutherland's [2704 Emery Place].
See you soon!