How does someone MISS God? Is it even possible? How would you answer that question? How would Jesus? We find out, in his parable of the Prodigal Sons (yep, there's more than one!)...
Sunday, June 24, 2012
Sunday, June 17, 2012
Want one of the clearest glimpses into the heart of Christianity, and the heart of God? Listen to how Jesus interacts with the woman at the well in John 4. It just might change how you think about God, "sinners", and yourself...
- Hearing God - Jesus & The Woman at the Well (John 4:1-26) - Christian Cryder
(Click here for download instructions)
Sunday, June 10, 2012
Jesus is going to show us that one of the most important spiritual skills we can develop is hearing. The way we hear God's Word (or fail to do so), is one of the biggest factors in how we connect to God. So what does real hearing looking like? How do we get in on it? Join us as we take a fresh look at God by trying to listen well to Jesus...
Thursday, June 7, 2012
- Sunday Lunches - each Sunday @ 1 PM (or as soon as you can get there after worship), someone will be hosting an informal "potluck" at their house. Just grab something to share (whether main, bread, side, salad or drinks) and rendezvous at their place for a leisurely meal where you can get to know other folks at All Souls!
- Westside Group - Tuesdays @ 6:30 PM at Alex & Nina Alviar's (1620 Howell St ~ 546-4697). Bring a bible and some food to share. We'll use Sunday's sermon as a launching point for questions, doubts and struggles about our own spiritual convictions (or lack thereof).
- Easy Street Group - Wednesdays @ 6:30 PM at Bob & Laura Ballengee's (217 S. Easy St ~ 241-8067). Bring a bible and some food to share. We'll use a short article on common struggles as a launching point for questions, doubts and struggles in our own lives.
- Downtown Tonight - Thursdays @ 6:30 PM downtown in Caras Park. This is a great informal opportunity to hang out with friends (or make new ones!) and enjoy live music together. Contact Bob for details (241-8067).
- Arts & Culture Series - Fridays @ 6:30 PM (usually). Movies. Poetry. Stories.
Join us as we enjoy great art together, and then consider what it asks us to believe about reality, and how that connects to our spirituality. Sound interesting? Check out the full schedule here...
All of these groups involve eating together (we think something good happens over food and drink). And each one will give you an opportunity to explore your spirituality – by getting to know others, and by getting to know yourself. Want to know more? Ask us!
Sunday, June 3, 2012
What's the real reason that brokenness and struggle are still the norm? Why is it that we don't experience more shalom? The reason, according to this last passage in the book of Ephesians, is that we are in a spiritual battle. There are forces at work that we cannot see. We need to gear up for battle. This morning we conclude our series on shalom as we look at how we stand strong in this mission for shalom.